Quest bars


Ever since becoming vegetarian, it's been harder for me to get in all the protein I need. Of course, there are some amazing substitutes such as beans or eggs but at the end of the day, I very often have trouble getting all of my protein in. Protein is very important though, definitely to help my muscles recover after sports. So I found a solution! And it's a cookie..

 great motivation huh?

Quest bars! Each bar contains 20 to 21 grams of protein. How amazing is that? Next to that, they contain stevia so there's only 1 gram of sugar in each bar and 3 grams of net carbohydrates. I like! What I love most is that the ingredient list is rather short and has ingredients I understand. I hate it when there are all sorts of chemicals in my food.


As you can tell from the pictures, I have a variety of flavours. I first bought a Cookie & Cream box at XXL Nutrition (hence the box), but I wanted to try more flavours! Getting a box of each flavour is a little too much for my finances and since getting single bars is rather hard outside the US, me and a friend ordered on the official Quest Nutrition site. The shipping is pretty high though, so we split it. Some of my favourite flavours? Vanilla Almond Crunch, Double Chocolate Chunk and Cinnamon Roll! I must admit I loved every single one up till now.


I love the bars on their own, but they are even better when you bake them. I like to cut mine up in little squares and bake on 175°C/350°F for 6 minutes so they get nice and crunchy. The Vanilla Almond Crunch is to die for when baked! Last but not least: the price. This is where I'm not a fan. A box contains 12 bars and costs around 30 euros. Yup. Freaking expensive. I mean, it's a bar! Nevertheless, they are so good that I know I will buy some more but I'm definitely keeping them for 'special' occasions (like a long run!). I am madly in love with the bars but I should really find someone to sponsor me. Or rob a bank...

The bars can be found online. For Belgium, XXL Nutrition and Body&Fitshop have the 'cheapest' bars. They both have different flavours!

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

2 reactions:

  1. The entire information is really good and some good insights available. Looking forward to do more clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important post. Apart from this you should try this Quest Nutrition LOW CARB PROTEIN BAR (CHOCOLATE BROWNIE) - 12 BARS + BONUS ITEM. Quest Chocolate Brownie Protein Bars are a delicious and great way to lose weight, or gain muscle; without the added calories, carbs, or sugar. For more information Check out this Quest Nutrition LOW CARB PROTEIN BAR (CHOCOLATE BROWNIE) - 12 BARS + BONUS ITEM product.

    ReplyDelete