Apple Yogurt Cake


Last week was my birthday party for my family, and for the first time ever I decided to bake all of the pies and cakes myself. My family isn't a huge fan of very heavy pies with chocolate and butter cream and such, so I made a lot of things with fruit. The other 2 recipes will be posted over the next month, but I would like to present you the first: apple yogurt cake!


When I found this recipe, I immediately knew that I wanted to make it! I love both yogurt and apple, so I knew I'd like it. And even if you aren't a huge fan of yogurt: you can't really taste the yogurt, but it adds a lot of moisture to the cake. As you can tell, mine is rather dark because I used whole-wheat flour. The original recipe called for self-raising flour, so feel free to use that!


This cake was a great succes in my family: there's a lot of apple in it, which was really nice. You probably can't tell from the pictures, but the cake was filled with apple chunks. It added a lot of texture, which everyone seemed to like. Oh, and to be honest: doesn't it look really cute? I loved the apples on top. It was a succes!

Ingredients
for 6 - 8 people
  • 4 apples
  • 300 grams flour (I used whole-wheat)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 100 grams sugar
  • 1 packet (8 grams) vanilla sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 75 ml vegetable oil
  • 250 ml low-fat yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Core the apples and cut 3 of them in small squares. You can peel them if you want, but I didn't.

Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar, eggs, oil and yogurt into a mixing bowl. Mix everything properly until you get a nice cake dough. Add in the apple pieces.

Grease a baking mould (preferably a round one) and fill up with the dough. Cut the remaining apple in thin slices and place in a circle on top.

Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment