REVIEW | Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base


I love wearing eyeshadow. I personally feel like it can change up your look completely! But if you're somewhat like me, the eyeshadow can wear off throughout the day. That's why I like to use an eyeshadow base. It just helps my eyeshadow last all day long.


For the past year, I've used the Urban Decay Primer Potion. And although I really liked it, it is quite expensive and it's not available in Belgium. I love me some budget proof make up, so when I found out Catrice also had an eyeshadow base, I decided to give it a try. After all, it was only €3.99.


The base comes in a jar and is obviously not liquid. I wasn't really a fan of that. As you might be able to tell from the pictures, the base is rather flakey. The stupid thing is that it is still flakey when you apply it to your eye. The flakiness makes it hard to rub out properly, and I do not want a flakey eyelid as my base.


Next to that, I did not really have the feeling it helped my eyeshadow to last longer. Obviously, the purpose of eyeshadow base is making sure that eyeshadow stays put the entire day. Well, when that fails, why should I keep using it?


I've tried using it for quite a while to try liking it, but it didn't work. I recently threw it out and bought the Too Faced Shadow Insurance for the first time, so I am trying that out right now. It's liquid, like the UD one, and I've really been liking it so far. I really regret having bought the Catrice base, because although it was cheap, it was a complete waste of money.

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment