HAUL | Make Up Academy

It's time for another haul! While I was in London this summer, I picked up the MUA Undress Me Too palette, a much raved dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. And man do I love it! It was only 4 pounds and the quality and pigmentation surprise me each time I use it. So when I bumped into their site a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't resist the budgetproof makeup!

Makeup Academy is a British brand and as far as I know, it's not available in Europe. I don't know anything about other continents, but I don't think it is widely available. It is a very budgetproof brand: for all of my makeup I paid 15 euros. Combined with shipping, it came to 20! Not bad for 7 products, I think. Here is what I got:


Fashionista - Fashion Secret Gel Eyeliner in Style Queen and Dress Up Chic
It was really hard to choose only 2 colours - I liked them all! But I forced myself to stay realistic and order two shades that I would most possibly use. In my case, that is always gold. I love wearing gold and it is my go to-look! The other colour I chose is a pinkish purple and I like using it is a base, since it is really beautiful!


Matte Lipstick in Peachy Keen
I do not wear lipstick very often, but I like to put it on on special occasions. This peachy colour is beautiful and I really love the matte effect. I still need to buy a lip liner, since my lips are too dark to apply this lipstick on its own, but I already know I will really love it.


Nail Polish in Koala Bear
The fact that this polish was only 1 pound really sold me. Again, there were a bunch of beautiful colours, but since I have a respectable nail polish collection already, I forced myself to only choose one. I don't know why, but I love grey nail polish in autumn & winter. It's like chocolate brown. I just think those two colours are so beautiful in chilly weather! Anyway.. I tried this polish on my pinky and I must say: the quality isn't great. I needed at least 4 coats to make it completely opaque, which means you have to wait a looong time for it to dry. Nope, I don't like that. It's still a cute colour though!


Trio Eyeshadow in Emotions and Pink Sorbet
Ever since I started putting on makeup, I loved the Bourjois trio's. Not that I have ever bought them, but I often wanted to. So when I saw these babies a lot cheaper, I decided to just do it! I must say, the pigment in these sucks if you apply them dry. However, if you wet your brush, the colour becomes very pretty! I tried the Pink Sorbet trio over the Style Queen Gel Eyeliner last week and was very disappointed at first - until I wet my brush. I really liked the result!


eXtreme Curl Mascara
Honestly? I just bought this mascara because it was cheap (just 3 pounds) and the tube looked cool! I haven't opened it yet, because I feel it is just too stupid to have 2 mascaras open at the same time, but I will let you know what I think about it as soon as I open it!


Overall, I really like the products. If you see that I only paid 20 euros (with packaging) for everything, I think I did a great deal! And if you want to buy only one thing, definitely try the Undress Me or the Undress Me Too palette! Unless you have both the Naked palettes ofcourse...

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 reactions:

Post a Comment